20 May 2013

Music Monday

I've had a Twitter since 2009 back when Twitter was all jokes and trending topics and I wish Twitter was still like that. One of my favorite trending topics was #MusicMonday. I got to share what music I was listening to and discover new music from all over the world. In honor of the good ole days, I present you with my Music Monday, a collection of music that as of recently, I cant stop listening to.


I swear that I grew up in LA in the 90's. I can't stop playing those classic Westside songs such as Nuthin But A G Thang and It Was A Good Day.







I've been meaning to post on this mixtape for a while but I kept putting it off for some reason lol. Anyway rapper Rome Fortune is quickly getting a buzz and making a name for himself on the Atlanta Scene. He was featured on XXL's list of ATL rappers you should know and Lil Debbie even cosigned him on Instagram. His mixtape, 'Beautiful Pimp' is one of the most solid projects I've heard from an up and coming Atlanta artist in a while and it is definitely worth the download.

My favorites from the mixtape are DanceDance, Ice Cream Man, and Money Ministries (which I cannot go one day without playing lol).

Check out the trailer for Beautiful Pimp:





I've never been a mega J-Cole fan but he has definitely made some songs that I can get behind and support. When I saw everyone tweeting about his new song, "Power Trip", I definitely was not in a rush to go download it. However, when hanging out with friends I heard the song and I have to admit that it is a great song. Miguel gives me life!

Check out the video below:






And last but certainly not least, I loved Ciara since her Goodies dance but she lost me after she released her sophomore album. She's had a few singles here and there that I've enjoyed but for the most part, I haven't really been able to get into her. I love her new song "Body Partty" though! It has the sexiest vibe and the random crooning from her boyfriend Future in the background give the song the extra something that it needs.

Check out her amazing video below:


No comments:

Post a Comment