14 January 2013

Golden Globes Red Carpet 2013

Well the Golden Globes were last night and I don't know about you but I'm not a big fan of award shows. I really just watch the pre-shows to see what I can see and then I go on about my business. After a long day of watching my Falcons blow a 20 point lead to the Seahawks and almost lose ANOTHER playoff game I was entirely too ready to see some gorgeous women walk the red carpet in haute couture.

Check out my best and worst dressed for this year's Golden Globes!


HITS


Kate Hudson looked wonderful in this eye-catching Alexander McQueen number. I really love this dress but I kind of wish she would have tied her hair up in an elegant bun so we could really see the detailing at the top of the dress.


I'm sure Jessica Alba was turning heads in this soft peach number by Oscar de la Renta. She accessorized with a statement necklace and a gorgeous clutch. This look gave me that Old Hollywood feel!


Jennifer Lopez looked beyond amazing in this Zuhair Murad gown. She accessorized perfectly and her hairstyle choice was the perfect compliment to her gown.


Kerry Washington shined in this nude Miu Miu & Chopard gown. The color of the gown looked great on her skin tone and her simple accessories and shoes really allow you to focus on the detail of the gown.




Eva Longoria showed up and showed out in this number by Pucci. It was a really classy dress that showed just enough to get your mind wandering but that left a lot to the imagination.


Rosie Huntington-Whiteley looked great in this Saint Laurent gown. It had more going on than the usual gown but not so much that it was distracting or annoying. 


MISSES


Lucy Liu's Caroline Herrera gown really made me itch. I'm literally scratching as I type. Even the lady in the background is giving her the stale face like, "Chile boo."



I expected a lot out of Tina Fey and this L'Wren Scott dress did NOT deliver. I wasn't a fan of the pattern and I think she could've picked something that was more eye catching for all of the RIGHT reasons instead of the wrong ones like this gown.


I'm not here for this ruched Donna Karan and Rupert Sanderson gown that Debra Messing had on. Maybe it was her choice of accessories. I think her hair down with a statement necklace and minimal arm wear would have been a very nice look.


Who told Ariel Winter to come to the Golden Globes with her Easter Sunday dress on? Yes, I know that she is only 14 and that this is a Valentino dress but I don't think this was a good choice for the red carpet. This is an outfit that would be cute on anyone under six, on any age over that it's just a joke.


Rachel Weisz did nothing for me in this Louis Vuitton gown. I wasn't a fan of the bow detail on the waist, or the sheer polka dot material at the top and bottom of the gown. I normally fall in love with LV gowns so this was a huge disappointment for me. However, she was well accessorized and her hair looked wonderful.


Halle Berry in Atelier Versace. Halle's face and body looked amazing but this gown was lackluster at best. I would have preferred to see her in something wine or plum colored that really made her skin pop and something more formfitting and short so that she could really show off her toned body.


I didn't particularly care for this Dior & Chopard gown Marion Cotillard had on. The color, the detailing, the silhouette, it was just all wrong. Her choice of shoes and lack of accessories made her outfit choice no better.

Who were your best-dressed and worst-dressed picks from this year's Golden Globes?




No comments:

Post a Comment