14 December 2011

My Opinion on Make-Up

I'm 19 years old. Most of my friends are still in that awkward, "let me try this and see if i like it" stage. One of the things I've noticed is that people are getting more into make-up. I'll be honest: up until this summer I prided myself on only wearing eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss (yes, even for nights out.) However, this summer I quickly decided that was boring and that I wanted to try lipstick, which led to me wanting to try blush, which led to me wanting to try tinted moisturizer, which led to me wanting to try foundation.

Now if you look in my make-up box, you will see eyeshadow, lipstick, and blush from LA Colors, MAC, Chanel, Sephora and many more. I LOVE make-up now, and my friends have to literally drag me out of the MAC store when we go to the mall (if they even let me walk inside lol.).

However, I can't help but to notice those that don't know how to apply make-up like make-up knocking those of us who wear it. First, I think everyone can benefit from some kind of make-up. I don't wear make-up to hide anything and certainly not to "trick" anyone. Hopefully this doesn't come off as cocky, but I'm beautiful with or without make-up. Some days my skin freaks out on me (I have psoriasis.) and I really don't want everyone starting at my face, so MAC concealer and foundation are my  best friends on those days.

When I go out, I like to stand out so a bold red lip, smoky eye, or a two-toned cat-eyed look gets the job done!

I don't think you should be wearing a full-face of make-up every day (back away from that sponge and let your skin breathe!) but there's definitely nothing wrong with applying that foundation every once in a while and putting your best FACE forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment